Brioche Cinnamon Rolls
My Sicilian Brioche dough recipe is perfect for making these delicious Brioche Cinnamon Rolls. Whether you serve them slathered with cream cheese icing or as is, these will disappear quickly!
Servings 12 rolls
For the filling
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
For cream cheese icing
- 1/4 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
After the dough has risen, use a rolling pin to roll into a rectangular shape approximately 12 x 18 inches. Brush the entire surface with the melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the dough.
With the long edge facing you roll the dough as tightly as possible. End with the seam side down. Cut off the ends (there is practically no filling in these pieces). Cut into 12 pieces: cut in half; in half again and then each quarter into 3 equal pieces.
Place the rolls in the prepared baking dish. Cover and let rise until the pieces begin to touch one another (1 to 1 1/2 hours).
Preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature as is or slathered with cream cheese icing.
For the cream cheese icing:
Mix together the cream cheese and butter until smooth using a whisk or your food processor. Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar until completely combined. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of milk. If necessary add a bit more milk until you have a spreadable, yet thick, consistency.
- If you don't have a stand mixer, the dough may be prepared by hand.
- Use between 1 tbsp - 1 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon depending on how "cinnamony" you like your rolls.
- If your knife is not sharp enough you'll squish the rolls when slicing the dough. You can also use unflavored dental floss to cut them.
- I prefer to store my Brioche Cinnamon Rolls at room temperature for up to 3 days and keep the cream cheese icing refrigerated.
- It's probably best to make a double batch right away 'cause these will disappear quickly!
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 3mg