Maple Roasted Peaches
Roasting peaches brings out their natural sweetness and are delicious paired with ice cream, yogurt, sweetened ricotta or mascarpone cream. Maple Roasted Peaches are a perfect and easy way to end a summer's evening meal!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 large ripe peaches
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- butter for greasing the baking dish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly butter the bottom of a 9 inch baking dish.
Cut peaches in half, remove the pit and place the peach halves cut side up on a buttered baking dish.
In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup and cinnamon. Drizzle the mixture over the peach halves.
Bake for 30 minutes until soft. turn on the broiler during the last 2 minutes of baking for a golden color.
Let cool slightly before serving. At this point, if you wish, you can easily peel off the skin before serving.
- Be sure to only use ripe peaches.
- Enjoy as is or top the roasted peaches with: vanilla yogurt; sweetened whipped ricotta or mascarpone cheese; topped with toasted slivered almonds; topped with crumbled amaretti cookies; or peel and serve over yogurt pancakes or yeasted waffles for breakfast
- This recipe works well with plums as well.
- Use honey in place of maple syrup if you prefer.
- For an adults only version of this recipe add a tbsp or two of liqueur such as rum or bourbon to the maple syrup mixture.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 571IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg