Easy Oven Baked Creamy Polenta
Have Easy Oven Baked Creamy Polenta ready to enjoy in an hour and never stir hot boiling polenta on the stovetop again!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup cornmeal medium grind
- 5 cups cold water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 400F. In a casserole dish, combine cornmeal, water, salt and olive oil. Stir with a whisk. The cornmeal will sink to the bottom of the dish, this is normal.
Place in the oven for 1 hour. No stirring is required.
Remove from the oven and give it a stir. Serve hot.
- It is not necessary to stir the polenta while baking.
- When the polenta is ready, it will be more firm and dry around the edges and softer in the middle. Simply stir it when you take it out of the oven.
- This recipe will yield approximately 4 cups of polenta.
- You can easily double this recipe in a larger casserole dish. It may take up to 15 minutes longer to bake.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 583mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Iron: 1mg