Russian Salad filled Prosciutto Cotto Rolls
This irresistible antipasto dish consists of a slice of prosciutto cotto filled with a cream russian style potato salad.
Servings 8 servings
- 8 slices prosciutto cotto cooked ham
- 1.5 lbs potatoes about 3 large potatoes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. diced giardiniera pickled vegetables
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots blanched
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives chopped
Boil the potatoes until tender. Place in a medium sized boil and mash the potatoes, add the mayonnaise and salt and pepper.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Place a slice of prosciutto cotto on your work surface in a horizontal position. Place approximately 1/4 cup of the potato mixture on the lower end of the prosciutto cotto and roll tightly around the filling.
Continue with the remaining prosciutto cotto.