Traditional Sicilian Italian Recipes – Mangia Bedda
Browse through dozens of incredible 100% authentic Sicilian Italian recipes directly from the old country (and my mom’s kitchen) to you!
- Herb and Garlic Marinated Roasted Vegetables
- Sicilian Strawberry Pudding (gelo di fragole)
- Baked Sicilian Iris with Ricotta (Iris al forno)
- Sicilian Pasta with Anchovies and Breadcrumbs
- Focaccia Messinese (Sicilian Style Focaccia with Escarole)
- Sweet Pistachio Cream Brioche Rolls
- Italian Meatball Stew with Potatoes and Peas
- Baked Tuna Potato Patties with Garlic Aioli
From cool and refreshing desserts to the perfect summer dishes for entertaining!
- Balsamic Strawberries with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake Roll
- Homemade Tagliatelle with Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic and Basil
- Italian Green Bean Salad
- Eggplant Caponata – Sicilian Eggplant Recipe
- Spaghetti with Green Beans
- Blueberry Olive Oil Cake
- Spaghetti with Oven Fried Zucchini
- Rhubarb Strawberry Crostata
- Zucchini Blossom and Ricotta Filo Tart
- Tomato and Basil Risotto
- Stewed Green Beans with Tomatoes
FIND RECIPES FOR…
The perfect Italian meal is not complete without antipasto to get your appetite going! Or why not make an entire meal of a few of these dishes such as Arancini; Panelle (Chickpea Fritters); Crispeddi cu brocculu (Cauliflower Fritters); or Baked Mashed Potato Croquettes.
Is there anything more comforting than the aroma of something baking in your oven? Whether you’re preparing a little something sweet or savory, rolling up your sleeves and sinking your hands in dough is always therapeutic!
While most of us associate pasta with tomato sauce, Italian pasta dishes are so much more varied than you can imagine! If you’re up to the challenge of making your own homemade pasta just like most nonnas do on Sundays, try Potato Gnocchi, or traditional Sicilian maccaruna. But if you’re looking for a simple weeknight pasta dish that can be prepared in 30 minutes I would recommend Sicilian Pasta with Cauliflower; Pasta alla Norma; or Pasta ca’ muddica.